JIRA Issue creation from Confluence

Is there an feature or solution that allows users to create JIRA issue(s) from Confluence without navigating the user away from Confluence?

My goal is to create a Meeting Notes Template/Blueprint and include a JIRA Issue creator option.

The best issue creator, IMO, appears to be creating issues via direct HTML links:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Creating+Issues+via+direct+HTML+links

The downside is it navigates the user to JIRA. I realize you can right-click and open a new tab so you don't lose your spot in Confluence. Nevertheless, I'm trying to make this as slick and easy to use/adopt as possible.  Is there a solution that will keep the user in one location so they don't have to navigate between the tools or toggle between tabs?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

If you have the application links correct, then you can highlight lines or bullet points in Confluence, hover until the popup appears, then hit the JIRA logo - it'll turn each line or bullet into a JIRA issue, leaving the user in Confluence.

Thanks Nic. I appreciate it.

Ann Worley Atlassian Team May 17, 2017

Matthew, Nic is right. There is a video of what he is describing on this blog post:

5 ways to work with JIRA issues in Confluence

Matthew, you can try Jirassimo IntakeForms viewer for your purpose

Best,

Vlad

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked yesterday in Data Center

Hi! I'm Cameron Deatsch, enterprise enthusiast and Head of Server at Atlassian. AMA!

Hey team! I'm Cameron Deatsch, Head of Server at Atlassian. At our European Summit just a few weeks ago, I spoke about the latest regarding our Server and Data center products and o...

19,243 views 4 4
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you