Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an Atlassian Cloud data center available in the European Union for hosting?

Andreas Leidner July 20, 2015

We currently evaluate Confluence and we'd like to start with the Atlassian Cloud hosted version (and late migrate to an on-premises installation). Is there an option to have the Atlassian Cloud version hosted somewhere within the European Union?

I've found the same question here answered back in 2012. Perhaps the situation has changed since then?

4 answers

2 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

As announced at the last Atlassian Summit, a first European data-center (located in Ireland) is now available.

You can Sign-up for our public beta offering and be one of the first customers to have their data hosted in Europe by clicking HERE

Best Regards,
Dario
Atlassian Cloud Support

GeertWeijsGEA September 11, 2017

It is located in Ireland, but Atlassian can store user information in the US. So still a brach of European legislation.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2015

No, it's the same, the servers are in the US.  That's it.

One of my colleagues asked this of an Atlassian at AtlasCamp a few weeks ago, and came away with the impression that it's been discussed, but no decision made either way.  (Sadly, that's third-hand, so I can't be sure how accurate it is, and even if it is accurate, "no decision" isn't too helpful anyway)

1 vote
Deleted user June 3, 2016

This questions seems to be discussed for about 5 years now (I have found the question in a post from 2011 already)! After "Safe Harbour" was declared "unguilty" by the European Prime Court, this means, that the biggest market on earth is not really covered by Atlasssian! European companies, who store their customers data outside of the E.U. act illegal in the most cases for now!

That means to our company, that we have to buy a managed Atlasssian service from a german located third party supplier which costs much more than the Atlasssian Cloud!

0 votes
Dominik Guhr July 28, 2016

Same here Arno. We're on the MS-Stack here, but Jira/Confluence is just so much better for pm/knowledge management. We don't realy want to host them ourselves or with a third party hoster, but seems to be no other option for years. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-6740 this is the ticket where you can vote for the change, btw.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events