I want to share few status reports in Confluence, in which I want to display the dates of Releases / Versions from Jira.
Is this feasible with existing macros?
Hello there, @Nivedita! I think I have seen you around here before. Nice talking to you again.
So, let me go straight to the point. There is no native macro or feature that would allow us to automatically update or send notifications in Confluence based on Jira releases.
However, I can think of two macros that could help us with that. Here they are:
Each macro will allow us to tackle your necessity differently. First, let me address how we could deal with the situation by using the Roadmap Planner Macro:
- Create a predefined plan of release
- Add the Roadmap Planner macro to a Confluence page of your choice
- Add the dates to your Roadmap there
- The manual process of updating the roadmap after each change in plans
- Not dynamic
- Visually appealing
- Easy to read
Now, please allow me to explain my plan behind the usage of Jira Issues Macro as a solution for you, Nivedita! Here we go:
- Create a project for Releases
- Go to Confluence
- Add a Jira Issues macro to the desired page
- Filter it to the project you created in Jira
- Save the macro
- Publish the page
- Each time a new release is created, create a new ticket in the release project
- Require manual setup of a project
- Each release requires a new ticket
- No need to touch Confluence directly after initial setup
- Release details can be added to the ticket
- Status of each release (tentative, rollback, etc) can be added and displayed within the macro
Having said that, I hope this reply helps you out with the current objective that you have. Let us hear from you, Nivedita. Looking forward to your reply!
Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across Jira Cloud instance. 📢 Get y...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events