Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use a symbol in a page, as a hyperlink to another page?

Linda Shady April 6, 2021

I am trying to add a hyperlink in a page, and I want to use a symbol instead of an image.  Is it possible to do this?  I have been able to insert the symbol in a template, and then make it a hyperlink, but it is not working when I insert the symbol in a page as a hyperlink.  The symbol disappears when the page is published. 

Thank you!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

In Edit mode of course:

You use the + dropdown menu to add a Symbol to your page.  Symbols act just like other characters.  All you have to do is highlight the symbol (like any other text), and click the Link icon on the toolbar.

No macros required. :)

This is assuming you want to use one of the symbols available from the dropdown menu item.

image.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Linda Shady April 6, 2021

Here an update:  I discovered that the symbol can by used as a hyperlink.  The key is to create the hyperlink by adding the URL Web address for the page to be linked into the macro to create the link.  I was using the option in the macro to create the hyperlink from a previously viewed page. 

Kindly,

Linda

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events