Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to use a symbol in a page, as a hyperlink to another page?

I am trying to add a hyperlink in a page, and I want to use a symbol instead of an image.  Is it possible to do this?  I have been able to insert the symbol in a template, and then make it a hyperlink, but it is not working when I insert the symbol in a page as a hyperlink.  The symbol disappears when the page is published. 

Thank you!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

In Edit mode of course:

You use the + dropdown menu to add a Symbol to your page.  Symbols act just like other characters.  All you have to do is highlight the symbol (like any other text), and click the Link icon on the toolbar.

No macros required. :)

This is assuming you want to use one of the symbols available from the dropdown menu item.

image.png

0 votes
Answer accepted

Here an update:  I discovered that the symbol can by used as a hyperlink.  The key is to create the hyperlink by adding the URL Web address for the page to be linked into the macro to create the link.  I was using the option in the macro to create the hyperlink from a previously viewed page. 

Kindly,

Linda

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

72 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you