Is it possible to reassign points to a different answer in Questions?

Russell Wurth January 4, 2016

If an answer is upvoted but later is determined to not be the best answer is it possible to reassign points from one answer to another?

3 answers

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2016

Hi @Russell Wurth

Rather than trying to put your backlog in as questions have you considered writing them in Confluence as FAQs or How To Articles?

Phill

0 votes
Russell Wurth January 4, 2016

Thanks Joseph.

I have a follow on question.

I have a backlog of questions and answers in email form in Outlook.

In Questions - I  want to ask these backlogged questions and also enter the answer to the questions, but rather than have these questions and answers show up under my name, I want to assign the question to the actual Confluence user that asked the question and assign the answer to the actual Confluence user that supplied the answer. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Essentially I'm trying to back fill our Questions database with our old questions and answers. 

Alternately is there a way to forward an email with the question to Confluence and have the email converted to a question by the sender of the email?

Thanks,

Steve

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2016

You can't ask questions on behalf of another user, unfortunately. However, depending on your programming skillset, there is a REST API which allows you to "import" content - and this does let you specify arbitrary authors for each question.

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2016

Each individual vote (up or down) can be changed at any time by the person who made it. However, the question asker cannot re-assign the votes made by other users.  

The question asker can change which answer is marked as the Accepted answer at any time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events