Is it possible to edit user reputation?

John Charlton January 11, 2015

We want to use reputation based permissions, but also have a requirement to give some users immediate access to perform moderation level tasks on Confluence Questions.

I know that there is not currently a way of setting this via user permissions, but is there any way of immediately giving a user a high reputation so that they can carry out question moderation tasks?

1 answer

1 vote
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2015

To answer your question, yes you can. You modify the entries within the database to adjust points. However, this defeats the purpose of the points. Users can however ask and answer their own questions to gain points as needed.

Please review here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/QUESTIONS/Permissions#Permissions-RepBasedPermissions

Allow experts to curate questions and answers  

As a Q&A community grows, administrators may want to delegate content curation activities to other users. You can choose to grant permissions to perform actions such as editing question topics or deleting comments, based on a the number of points a user has earned.

To turn on reputation based permissions:

1. Go to  > General Configuration > Confluence Questions Customisation.
  2. Select Reputation Based Permissions
  3. Choose Save.

The points required for each action are:

• Vote down an answer - 15 points
  • Change question topic - 100 points
  • Delete a comment - 500 points
  • Edit a topic - 500 points
  • Edit another user's question or answer - 500 points
  • Accept an answer on another user's question - 1500 points
  • Convert an answer to comment or a comment to answer - 1500 points
A October 16, 2015

do you have more details - what tables/fields are to be updated? we'd need to bump the point for a selected few people so they can moderate questions themselves

Saarvaani Vadlamani December 26, 2018

I have the same requirement. Do you have additional information on which tables to modify?

Vincent Blain April 8, 2019

@NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE : To answer your question, yes you can. You modify the entries within the database to adjust points. 

Could you tell me where in the database it is possible to edit user's point reputation (wich table?) ? I don't find it.

Thx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events