Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a task within an outline?

Chris Leake October 9, 2019

Everytime I create one off an outline row, it creates a task at the bottom of the page or outline content.  

Basically, I'm trying to assign specific outline items to people via tasks. Creating jira tickets is pretty heavy and cumbersome.  

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Kuhl {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Hi Chris - Try being mindful to only highlight the single line of text without highlighting the small amount of whitespace at the end of the line.  I've found if I'm not careful with that then it will grab the next line as well.

If you can adjust your task format to a table then you can make it very easy to create Jira issues.  This video illustrates how.  

Chris Leake October 9, 2019

Hey Michael thanks for the pro-tip on jira ticket creation.  But what I'm looking for is to create Confluence tasks, not jira tasks.  That doesnt seem to work with highlighting the line or highlighting nothing (just insertion point at the start of the line).  This is all in edit mode.  Am I missing something with this?

Michael Kuhl {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Ah, ok!  Not sure wether you are using cloud or private Confluence, but with cloud Confluence when you add tasks via the page editor it provides an add task link in view mode.

2019-10-10_08-55-15 (1).gif 

Chris Leake October 14, 2019

I think we're talking past each other a bit.  Confluence calls those Action items and it doesnt seem to support creating them on items inside an outline. They only live outside of the content that I'd like to make an action item.  

MS OneNote does a great job of this, and Apple notes does an okay job, and confluence does a horrible job.  

Michael Kuhl {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2019

If an outline implies a structure within which the tasks reside, then yes.  Atlassian expects you to adopt Trello or Jira (or some other task manager) for that and then use their Confluence integration to embed them in context.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events