Is it possible to automatically create a ticket in Jira from a form in Confluence?

Veruska Pérez Guerrero November 9, 2017

We would like to create a ticket in Jira Software, from a form created on confluence. 

The ticket does not exist yet. We would like to create it, for the first time, from a form on Confluence.

¿Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

If you have an application link to Jira, you don't even need a form.  You can highlight text (bullet points), hover over them and a "create in Jira" icon will appear, allowing you to directly create.

If that's a bit too simple, then a second option is to create an "issue collector" in your Jira project, and embed the code for it in Confluence, giving you a button to click to get a form popped up to fill in details.

A third option is a "user macro" you could write that could look a bit like a form inside a page, and when given details and a "go" clicked, it could post the issue over REST

And then two more options that rely on add-ons that my employers (Adaptavist) provide :

"Script runner for Confluence" could be used to parse data from a page and create issues from it.  You'd need to think carefully about when and what it should parse though!

And, finally, I think the add-on "Forms for Confluence" can embed forms and create issues from them.  I've not tried it (I know it does the forms well, I've just not tried the Jira create, as I've always used option 1 or 2 above)

Veruska Pérez Guerrero November 9, 2017

Thank you so much¡¡

0 votes
Tilmann Vogel December 1, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

Hey :) Seems like you have some experience with that.

I want to do the same like @Veruska Pérez Guerrerobut the new ticket entered in the form in confluence also needs to be documented there - not just in Jira.

E. g. the Issue-Collector just creates a Ticket in Jira - not in Confluence :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2017

Why duplicate it all in Confluence again?  You're creating the issue from a page already, so surely you already have some data that you are working from?  (And Confluence is not an issue tracker, it does not have issues/tickets)

Siya Ramtri July 25, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I need the function that once a confluence form is filled out it is automatically turned into a JIRA, issue collector is unsuitable for this as it is one button & the user would have to fill out our confluence form then the jira issue collector form again.

my administrator will not allow me to download scriptrunner or confiforms.. how would i go about achieving this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events