Is Confluence Question plugin for opensource?

Hung Dinh November 3, 2013

I need to do some costomization of the plugin, and if the answer is YES, where can I download the source file?

PS: I have been thinking that all of Atlassian products are open source

3 answers

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2013

It's not open source per se (i.e. you don't have the rights to redistribute it) but, in conjunction with our standard practice, customers will be granted access the source code once they purchase the product. We'll make this available once we ship 1.0 after the new year. Please watch CQ-436 for updates.

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

What customisation are you needing to do? Perhaps it's something we should build into the product.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2013

No. Most of Atlassian's core products are NOT open source, and that includes Confluence Questions.

You are entitled to a copy of the source code if you have a commercial licence - that enables you to do customisations, but you absolutely can not share the code you download (or release products etc). You can log in to my.atlassian to download that source

Hung Dinh November 4, 2013

Thanks Nic,
We can access the sourcecode with Open Source License as well right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2013

I don't actually know about the Open Source licence. I don't think it does offer you the source, but I'm not sure.

You should be able to get the source from your my.atlassian account, so if you can't see the "download source" link under the licence, I'd say not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events