Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not receive email from confluence

Deleted user April 21, 2014

I have a hosted confluence Wiki site that is not sending email to users. The site is in trial license mode at the moment if that matters.

The email address I assigned the users is valid, I've checked the spam folders, etc. Is there a configuration setting that I need to review?

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user April 28, 2014

The notification is for initial notification of account genration for new users. Is there any requirement for configuring the email server settings or does Atlassian provide the email server to send the message. If it's actually being sent then I need to start digging in our email filters.

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2014

I also faced similar issue. I was having wrong server name under configiration.

I changed that to localhost and it started working.

Deleted user April 28, 2014

Was that in a hosted site? If so, where did you find that setting? I can see the email settings on our internal Confluence server but the hosted version has been trimmed.

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2014

Hi Ernie,

Could you please double check the notification settings on your confluence as you can see on the following link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Subscribing+to+Email+Notifications+of+Updates+to+Confluence+Content

There is also this documentation about notifications on confluence:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+Notifications+in+Confluence

I hope this information could be useful.

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events