• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I am trying to integrate JIRA with mulesoft. While stablishing connection mulesoft is asking for user name, password and connectionAddress. From where to get the connectionAddress.

I am trying to integrate JIRA with mulesoft. While stablishing connection mulesoft is asking for user name, password and connectionAddress. From where to get the connectionAddress.

Dev exd December 23, 2013

Hi,

I am trying to integrate JIRA with mulesoft. While stablishing connection mulesoft is asking for user name, password and connectionAddress. From where to get the connectionAddress. its given that connectionAddress is JIRA Server Soap address. It usually looks like https://<jiraserver hostname>/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2 or http://<jiraserver hostname>/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2013

It depends. What is Mulesoft expecting Jira to do? The string you've given for the SOAP interface looks correct to me, so you've kind of answered your own question - you just need to change it to use your Jira server. Also check that rpc remote calls are enabled in Jira's Admin -> general setting screen.

The error you're getting implies that there's a problem reading the SOAP response though. Probably a bug in whatever you're trying to read it with (Jira's SOAP interface is stable, old and will be removed in version 7, and because it is old and not being developed any further, the bugs have been ironed out, so the cause of errors is almost certainly down to the interfacing program)

Thanks Nic for your response. I checked with Jira's admin setting. its enabled. What I want is just to connect with JIRA. I think that my Jira installation is working fine.But, when I try to use the connector, I'm not able to establish a connection. It fails with "Invalid global element. Cannot access the global element to test".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2013

I'm afraid whatever "connector" you are using has a bug then. Jira's SOAP interface has been tested extensively and all the bigger bugs found and eliminated, it certainly isn't exposing any broken data. So the error must be on the connector side.

Which connector is it? Where are the docs for it?

I am using JIRA standard connector.

http://www.mulesoft.org/connectors/jira-cloud-connector

By following the steps which are given under "install for studio, I get this connector on the right side of my mulestudio. While giving configuration information for connection, its giving the above error.

Please guide me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2013

Ok, you're using a connector that is written by Mulesoft. I'm not familar with the connector, but google implies there are some issues with it, and you probably need to talk to Mulesoft as this looks like a bug in their connector.

Or, it might be a simple "not able to connect" and an unhelpful error message. Can you test your connection to the SOAP interface with something else?

0 votes

I am trying with jira.combut its not working and giving error "invalid global element".

Suggest an answer