How to update the wiki links in bulk in a Confluence page Edited

I have a Confluence page with 50+ wiki links and I wanted to update the target address of those links.

2 answers

1 vote
Jeremy Mooiman Community Champion Jun 09, 2017

Dear Aditi,

I am afraid there is no other way than to find/replace those links. It is your only option here.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your response.

Best,
Aditi

1 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 09, 2017

One way is to:

1. create a test space
  2. copy the page with the 50 links to the test space
  3. export the test space to XML
  4. find and replace the links as described in option 1 on How Do I replace all 'hard' links to my old Base URL
  5. re-zip the back-up
  6. delete the test space
  7. import the XML backup
  8. move the page with the 50 links back to the original space.
Jeremy Mooiman Community Champion Jun 09, 2017

Would it not be handier just to replace the links on the page? It is effectively what you are already doing. There is no need to export it.

There isn't a find/replace feature in the Confluence editor so he would have to find each one and type the new URL. If the links are all "wrong" in the same way, which I assumed based on his wanting to bulk update, it would be faster and more accurate to use find/replace with a text editor. 

Another way would be to install the Source Editor plugin, use a text editor to edit the storage format, and then paste it back in.

I agree, that is why anyone would simply copy and paste the links into a text editor like you stated as this would be most convenient. This would not require any export or importing of spaces. 

Sure that would work as long as there is no formatting on the page - if its all just text. But he would lose any macros, etc when pasting to the text editor.

Hi Ann and Jeremy,

I am able to update link text using the Confluence editor, however I need to update the link address as well since we are moving to another domain. Can you please advise.

Hi Ann,

Do you recommend me to use Add on "Confluence Source Editor"

Thanks,

Aditi

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 12, 2017

Sure, that's one way to go. The source editor adds a <> at the top of the editor that let's you directly edit the storage format. You could copy the storage format to a text editor, search and replace, then paste it back in.

Ok, Thanks for your suggetsions. As I do not have the administrative rights, I will not be able to add the plugin my own. Is there any other way?

Thanks in advance

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 12, 2017

If you have space administration permissions you can go with the XML export idea I posted initially.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

77 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you