Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide characters in page title?

Deleted user March 3, 2017

Like many others we have problems with not being able to write multiple pages with the same title.

So our idea is to insert a kind of ID within the title which should not be displayed in the normal view (or at least not in Viewport). Is there some kind of tag (like <!-- --> in html) to achieve this?

e.g.

Space 1

• header 1
    • introduction #1
  • header 2
    • introduction #2

where the reader should see 'introduction' but not '#1' or '#2'

PS: Scroll Version does not solve this issue as the two chapters are within the same version.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2017

Hi Jean,

as far as I know, this is not possible, maybe with a lot of hacking and scripting, but then of course, you would lose every kind of support from Atlassian.

I wouldn't do that also, because you lose every context for your page. Assume you are searching for something with the confluence search engine - you will get page results like this:

• header
  • header
  • header
  • header

and your users don't know which is which.

Thomas 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2017

Which is exactly why Confluence doesn't do it.  I don't think the hacking is even vaguely possible, there's too many things like macros and links that need the proper names of the pages, and would not work with hidden stuff in them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events