How to display the JIRA Releases page in Confluence

Ory Zaidenvorm June 7, 2019

Hi,

Very similarly to this question from 2014, I was wondering if (5 years later) there is a good way to do so, hopefully without using expensive add ons.

Our requirement: Display in Confluence (Cloud) the same information displayed in the Project Releases (Versions) page in JIRA (also Cloud) including a list of versions and for each version Status, Progress, Start & Release date, and Description.

I noticed the JIRA Roadmap plugin partially does this (it shows a list of versions, release date and status), just not as aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniela Akers June 20, 2019

You can do this by using the Jira macro in Confluence. (See Atlassian's documentation here)

You can use the macro, and type in something like this for the Jira query:

fixVersion = "Release 1.0"

This will generate a table like this on your Confluence page that auto updates every few hours as Jira stories are updated.

JIRAissuesMacro_View

You can control the columns displayed by editing them in the macro's display options.

JIRAissuesMacro_DisplayOptions

Ory Zaidenvorm June 20, 2019

Thanks Daniela. for the comprehensive response

This would display a list of issues for a version (very useful for sure), but not a list of versions and their status.

Like # people like this
Daniela Akers June 21, 2019

Ah I understand what you're looking for now. I tried out the Roadmap plugin, since we have that installed. It does give you a list of all releases and their status and number of issues resolved. Like you said, it's not pretty, but it is an easy way to get that data into confluence. 

Ory Zaidenvorm June 23, 2019

Yep I think it's the only way to do this, without add ons, at least on Cloud.

AdrianB January 21, 2021

Potential solution here would be to use a release ticket with a due date on it to display the different versions and their dates.

But then you'd still need to update the due date on the ticket separately from the release itself.

5 votes
Dave Collins February 3, 2022

I want to put this image (macro) on our conf page.

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.59.26 PM.png

3 votes
Dave Collins April 7, 2022

I ended up building it myself using tools from Stiltsoft.

Each line is a different milestone, using Story Points in that milestone, showing the statusCategory.

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 2.51.42 PM.png

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2022

Hi @Dave Collins ,

We are glad that our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app helps you with everyday routine work and reports.

Thanks for sharing the case!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events