How to I export or import data from Confluence Questions?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

I am wondering how can I export or import data in/from Confluence Questions?

Is this data related to any Confluence Space? Can I move Questions from one Confluence instance to another one?

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2014

Hi Sorin,

This question is related to what you're asking : https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/250310/exporting-confluence-questions-pages

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014
Questions don't belong to spaces...they are global entities. Your questions do get included when you do a site backup and restore. Are you trying to do something specific or are you just asking for future reference?
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2014

I do have two merge two Confluence instances and I am wondering what happens with Questions. At this point I do have questios only on one of them but that's the small instance, the one with less than 10 spaces, the other one is huge.

And yes, I that's also a question for reference. I do think that we need at least a minimal documentation regarding how the data is stored for Questions. For spaces it was clear that we could export / import them. Probably it would make sense to map questions to special space, so we could use normal import / export functionality too.

BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2014

Okay. you'd probably want to do a per-space import to pull in the spaces from the large instance to the larger instance. We're looking to build a Questions-specific importer which would allow you to "migrate" your questions content from your small to your larger instance. That feature is being tracked at CQ-359.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events