How does an administrator delete a question in Confluence Cloud?

Helen Gosper July 25, 2019

I'm an administrator, but I only see 'comment' and 'edit' options underneath the question.

I have 'all' permissions on the site.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2019

Hello Helen,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Confluence Questions permissions. What exactly kind of administrator permissions do you have? Are you a Site Admin or a Space Administrator? Can you tell me, do you have Space Admin permissions for the space the question is associated with? 

You may want to raise a ticket with the Cloud Support Team because they'll be able to have a look directly at your instance and determine what the permissions issue is.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Helen Gosper July 29, 2019

Hi Shannon

I'm a site admin. The other users testing this with me is a space admin.

I've since discovered that the 'delete' option does in fact appear when the question was asked in the actual 'Questions for Confluence' space itself but not if it was asked in a different space.

Would this make a difference? I'll await your reply before I log a ticket.

thanks 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2019

Hello Helen,

Confluence Questions uses the space permissions to apply its own permissions, so I would start by checking if you are a space admin of the space that contains the question.

Is the person testing with you a space admin for the actual space itself and also does not see the delete button?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events