How do we move a question from one space into another?

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2015
  • re: new feature -> Space-specific questions
  • running Confluence Questions ver 2.0.10

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2015

Hi Andrei,

As per verified on Updates and Release Notes, the option Ask in a space when you're editing an existing question can ve used to move questions to a space.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Ana Isabel de la Hoz Armenta September 29, 2017

Hi Paula,

I can't see this option anymore. Is it still available?

Thanks,

Ana

Muazam Rafique October 31, 2017

Hello, 

I have the same issue as Ana. Screenshot below shows that there isn't an option to change the space of the question. 

Please assist. 

Atlassian.jpg

William Dalrymple November 30, 2017

Ditto. New implementation and I need to move Questions to another Space but don't see any option to do so. Is this still available?

2 votes
GraphicalUserInterface
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2018

Hi everyone!

Unfortunately, at this moment, there is no option to move questions from Confluence Questions from one space to another in Confluence Cloud. We do have an open feature request to implement this option in the future releases/updates, which you can check in the link below:

* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-57117

Please check this feature and vote for it if you want to see it implemented.

Regards,

Guilherme Dohms

John Walker November 26, 2018

Thanks for the clarification.

Burke Autrey November 26, 2018

Confluence Questions in Confluence Cloud is, unfortunately, just a mess.  There's no way to prevent questions from winding up in a space where they won't be seen (admin needs control over this), no way to ensure that users will see notifications (admin can't set it, users aren't reliable to set it, "watch all" construct is odd/confusing, no way to see who is and isn't following), and even when users do "watch all" to see notifications sometimes they are never sent (and no logs to see what happened - an issue with Confluence notifications in general, not just Questions).

Continued references to old feature requests aren't much help.  Confluence Questions needs some attention!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Lauretha Rura
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2018

Hey guys,

The option is still available (tested on the latest version of Confluence Questions plugin - 2.5.5). But to use it, you'd then need to first edit the question itself.

(i) You will only be able to edit the question if you have the Space Admin permission to the Space where that question is located. The options for edit & delete will appear below the textbox of the question

Hope this helps :) 

Joshua Tjhin May 14, 2018

Hi Lauretha, don't see the option in edit for question even as a space admin.

Like John Walker likes this
Marc-Andre Choquette May 22, 2018

Hi, I don't see it either, and we would need it in my organization.

Burke Autrey June 4, 2018

Not seeing it.

cyledoux August 6, 2018

I have the edit button, but not the option to change the space.

I am both a Space Admin AND I own the question itself.

I'm using Confluence Cloud. Does that make a difference?

William Dalrymple September 18, 2018

Hi Lauretha. I'm the fourth reply. I am the overall admin for Confluence with access to everything for my site and even editing the Question does not offer an opportunity to move the Question. Can you please reply to us?

John Walker November 25, 2018

Hi Laura,

Since I and many people cannot see this option. Could you show a screen grab of the sequence that you perform to move a Question on Confluence from one space to another. 

Either this is a bug, or not a feature or we are all missing something.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events