How do i delete a topic in Confluence Questions

Rita Kumar September 16, 2014

I created two topics as a test and it does not let me delete one.?

Second, is there a way to have it so that certain topics are only visible to certain groups?

Thanks,

Rita Kumar 

2 answers

1 vote
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2014

Hi Rita, 

You can only delete a topic if you have Administrator permission and if there isn't any comments or users assigned watching it. In this link you can get more information. 

To change the permissions on Confluence Questions (if the user doesn't have it yet), please check this link.

All the best,

Renato Rudnicki

Thanks one other question... when i was asking about permissions...

I mean is there a way to restrict certain topics to certain groups... the page you shared does not discuss that.  If not, are there any plans to add that?

Thanks

rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2014

Hi Rita, Sorry, but I'm afraid I didn't understand your question about sharing the page... Could you clarify it to me or give an example? Cheers, Renato Rudnicki

What I mean is... I create a topic called development- is there a way for one to restrict q &a on that topic to a group both viewing and comments... or is it everyone (who is granted permissions to questiosn) has access to see all topics in questions

Eran Brown December 29, 2015

@Renato Rudnicki your answer is helpful, but I seem to have a topic with 0 watchers and 0 questions but no "delete" link. What else is required to delete a topic ?

Trejkaz May 9, 2017

Why would you restrict deleting tags to admin users, when you let literally every half-wit with less than a brain cell create new tags?

In my opinion, you have these permissions backwards. You should be restricting creation of garbage tags instead.

Michal Potyrcha January 18, 2018

Hi, I need to do a slighly different thing - delete a topic under a question. I'm a space admin on confluence, some users while asking questions are adding topics. Very often those topics are not correct. How do I delete / change a topic under a question? If I try I get "Access denied" message. 

topics.png

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
September 17, 2014

Hi Rita, I'm afraid what you want to do isn't possible. If you allow a group or a user to see / answer on Confluence Questions, he or she will be able to do it in all topics. I didn't find another way to restrict access by topics. However, there's this feature request for it. Please vote on this case to increase visibility.

All the best,

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events