How do i customize the people search in conflience?

Pankaj Agarwal December 22, 2017

In the people search, the auto complete does not work as it works on the default confluence search.

Also, if i do not enter the correct first name, the search result does not give any result. The substring does not work. Is there a way we can enable it? It is difficult for the users to type in the full name of the person they are searching for and its a nice to have feature.

1 answer

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2018

Hello Pankaj,

I don't think there is a way to customize this. As far as the Atlassian documentation goes, it seems you have to correctly enter the first name or last name:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf65/search-the-people-directory-939701446.html

The Global Search bar in the upper right hand corner also searches through people, so you can start typing a user's name and it will pop up:

2018-02-22_1515.png

If you need this type of search in the People Directory, you can try out a variety of add-ons in the Marketplace to see if they will meet your needs (they will probably give you more functionality around user profiles, which is cool, too).

Best,

Carolyn

Pankaj Agarwal June 19, 2018

Thank you Carolyn.

Regards,

Pankaj

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2018

You're welcome :) If it answered your question, can you click the gray checkmark next to my answer to accept it as the solution? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events