Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I skip the Page Template Assistance when inserting a $documentOwner value?

Jose Estrada January 25, 2018

$documentOwner.png

This should be added automatically when you create a template, not ask you to manually insert the document owner, that's the whole purpose of using $documentOwner value isn't it?

How do I get rid of this second step and made my template automatically fill that row with the person that creates an "Expedite Product Requirement" (this is the name of my template)???

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2018

Hi Jose,

Instead of using a template variable (because Confluence has no way of knowing that it should fill in the page creator name in the $documentOwner variable), a better way would be to use a user macro.

Just create a new user macro with the key "document-owner", name "Document Owner", and with template text like this:

## @noparams
$content.creator.fullName

You can choose whether you want everyone to be able to see the macro in the macro chooser or just a Confluence administrator (the macro will still work for everyone if you put it in a page/template though).

Insert this "Document Owner" macro in the right space in the template, and then it should show the name of the person who created the template.

Jose Estrada January 26, 2018

Wow! it worked, Thanks a lot Stephen, appreciate your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events