How do I get a link to an Excel spreadsheet to open in Excel?

Debra Hicks March 2, 2017

Hi,

How do I get a link to an Excel spreadsheet to open in Excel?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Debra Hicks March 20, 2017

I found that if you right-click on the link and select Open in a new tab it opens in Excel.  So now I have added the text: Right-click on the link above to open in Excel.

Lisa Schaffer October 15, 2018

Hi,

I am using Confluence 6.8.2 - does anyone know if this was fixed in any recent version, or do we still need to do a workaround as Debra suggests?

It works fine in Confluence 6.0.6.

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2018

There is no "fix"in Confluence, as it's nothing to do with Confluence.  As Debra has done, you have to set your browser to open files with excel.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2017

Make sure your browser understands it should open excel files in excel.

Debra Hicks March 7, 2017

Very funny, thanks. Now I need to make sure it works for all of the other browsers and 300 users.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2017

Funny how?  I'm just pointing out that the choice of program that your machine makes to open a specific file type depends on what you've told it to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events