How do I deal with hiding existing pages that are no longer relevant but i don't want to delete

Elaine Gamble October 26, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to hide pages from showing on the left panel navigation tree in Confluence

I have a project manager who is working on an old space in confluence and he is finding a lot of information that is no longer relevant.  I don't want them to delete anything since we want to keep the history but we want to hide these pages.  How do I go about doing this 

2 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2016

Milo's option is a good one.

Another option is to set View restrictions on the pages you want to hide.  For example, you could set the restrictions so that only the administrators group could view them. 

Time-saving tip: View restrictions cascade, which means that if you change the permissions on a parent page so that only administrators can see it, this will cascade down to all of the child pages as well.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2016

My solution was to create a space that only a few managers and I could access. Then I simply moved the outdated pages to that "archive" space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events