How do I deal with hiding existing pages that are no longer relevant but i don't want to delete

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to hide pages from showing on the left panel navigation tree in Confluence

I have a project manager who is working on an old space in confluence and he is finding a lot of information that is no longer relevant.  I don't want them to delete anything since we want to keep the history but we want to hide these pages.  How do I go about doing this 

2 answers

My solution was to create a space that only a few managers and I could access. Then I simply moved the outdated pages to that "archive" space.

Milo's option is a good one.

Another option is to set View restrictions on the pages you want to hide.  For example, you could set the restrictions so that only the administrators group could view them. 

Time-saving tip: View restrictions cascade, which means that if you change the permissions on a parent page so that only administrators can see it, this will cascade down to all of the child pages as well.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

150 views 4 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you