How can I prevent users from creating non-personal spaces

Deleted user December 18, 2014

We have a need to set some fairly complex security / access rules on all spaces that are created in our Wiki, and need to prevent users from creating non-personal spaces. Only confluence-administrators should be able to create spaces.

How do I do this?

Thanks for any tips/advice!!!

Steve

4 answers

1 vote
HomeAway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2014

That is under Global Permissions.    Check the 'Create Space(s)' permission specifically.

0 votes

Thanks Sami!

I've checked to see if they're in confluence-administrators and they're not. But this space was created clear back in May, so I'm trying to track down if one of my other team members might have enabled the global setting "after" these two spaces were created. You've both got me going down the right path now, and I appreciate the help!

Steve

Sami Moran December 18, 2014

You're welcome. :-) You know, Confluence is great at tracking changes to pages, but I've found it to be very difficult to track administrative changes. One of my *very* few complaints about Confluence capabilities. It's a fantastic tool overall.

0 votes
Sami Moran December 18, 2014

You can restrict the ability to create spaces to confluence-admins or confluence-administrators (or other administrative user group that you created).  I'd check to see if the user is in one of the administrative user groups. 

0 votes

First off, thanks for the reply!

We have the ability to create non-personal spaces "unchecked" for users, but a user was still able to create a space. I'll try to hunt down exactly what happened and how.

Steve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events