How can I prevent people from replying to the Confluence Questions email alert?

Richard Saffell August 27, 2014

My users are replying to the email they get when our support staff answers their question. That email is coming back to us in our support ticketing system. I'm looking for best practices so that the user will not reply to the email, and would instead go to the Question and post their reply there.

For example, change the "from" address to one that bounces or is a do-not-reply address. Or perhaps, remove the actual response from the email so that they have to go to the Question's page to read the response.

Do you have any best practices or ideas for how to prevent the users from replying to our answers via email instead of continuing the conversation on the Questions page?

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2014

We use a 'do-not-reply@' address in our instance that seems to do the trick for us. I've also raised a feature request to have a 'Comment' link added to those kinds of email notifications, which I think should further reduce the urge to click 'reply' in the email client.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events