How can I disable all of Confluence features apart from Team Calendars?

Chris Swinney July 6, 2017

Hi All,

We are trialling Confluence but purely for the Team Calendars Add on. I only want the calendar to be visible as the only option in a Space, so users can create a Space with a calendar, but this is all they see. How can this be achieved? 

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2017

It is possible to hide the menu items other than Calendars by using the methods on this page: How to hide elements in Confluence using CSS or JavaScript

The menu items will still display on the admin console but not on spaces.

Prefect, that should give me something to break :)

OK, I have disabled some things but the Create button is still there, even though I have : 

<style type="text/css">
     #browse-menu-link {
  display:none !important;
 }
     #shareContentLink {
 }
     #space-directory-link {
 }
     #create-page-button {
 }
</style>

In the Customer CCS. The three-dot menu disappears, but not the Create Button itself. I would like to remove the #action-menu-link as well, but then I couldn't find a way to easily delete a page, even as an admin.   

On the create page problem, I have even tried to deny normal user the right to create pages, both Globally and in the Space, yet they can still do this. 

Chris Swinney July 8, 2017

Any more thoughts on this? Whist the origain post gave SOME issues, I does nto really solve a lot of the other issue mentioned.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events