Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Automatically Change the Assignee to the developer when Transitioning the Workflow

Richard Shandelman June 26, 2015

Hi 

I would like to automatically Change the Assignee to the developer that was working on the bug when Transitioning the Workflow.

I see that I can change the Assignee to the reporter, dev lead, but I don't see a provision to assign it back to the developer that was working on the bug.

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Richard Shandelman June 26, 2015

Thanks Harry. Just to clarify, if I create the custom field for let's say the initial developer the ticket was assigned to, which can be captured by the first time somebody sets the transitions the ticket to "in progress", how do I get the field to capture that value and retain it through the transitions?   I'm assuming the custom field value will show up in the text box if I start typing in the name..

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2015

If the developer is reporter or team leader, the post function also can do that.

But if developer is any one, you need to create a custom field to maintain this developer and set assignee using the value from the custom field.

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2015

You can add a Post function in the transition to set assignee, see the following screenshot.

image2015-6-26 12:20:3.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events