It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hide empty space category

Alex Lukashov Dec 23, 2015

Hi

Currently Space Directory page lists absolutely all available categories within the system even if current user doesn't have access to all the spaces within some category.

Is there an easy way to

• Change this behavior so a user will see categories with at least one space he has access to and hide the rest?
  • or make category panel visible only to users in certain group e.g. confluence-administrator?

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Lukashov Dec 24, 2015

So, nobody knows?

Chuck Vanderwist Aug 29, 2017

Apparently nobody cares, except a handful of us. I'd recommend voting and commenting here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-43563

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Aug 29, 2017

Thanks for linking that ticket, Charles: Hide Space categories from users who do not have access to the spaces. I hope followers of this thread will vote and comment there as you suggest. I updated the ticket to make it clearer to the development team.

Alex Lukashov Aug 30, 2017

Voted, thanks=)

0 votes

The answer to this question would also be interesting/important to us!

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Introducing subtasks for breaking down work in next-gen projects

Teams break work down in order to help simplify complex tasks. This is often done iteratively, with tasks being broken down into smaller tasks and so on until the work is accurately captured in well-...

8,303 views 25 36
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you