HTML code navigation menu in the header look and feel section of confluence not overlaying properly Edited

I am trying to edit our space in confluence and add a navigation menu globally in our space. I am doing this at the very top of the page instead of doing a page tree becase we can't touch the side bar (government standards). Anyway, I did a horizontal navigation menu at the top of the header page. I put it in Space tools -> look and feel -> sidebar, header, footer. I pasted my HTML and CSS code in the header part.

This works fine except for one problem: When I highlight the menu in order to bring up the sub menu, it is not overlaying properly. Part of the page covers the sub menu. I attached a couple of screenshots on what I mean.

Any workaround in order to make this work? I tested this on just pure HTML without confluence and there is no problem there. I am still designing the navigation bar so don't judge ;)

Also, on the first pciture, when I try to hover past "Hardware Support" which is the one with the arrow pointing, the sub menu disappers. It would not go past it.

conluence_sample.pngsample2.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

199 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you