Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a document with data from another page's table

Jean Morawyecki October 16, 2020

Welcome,
Please let me know if there is a plug-in that would work in a similar way as mail merge.
What am I going to?
I would like to be able to generate a new page after filling in the table with appropriate data. template and the data from specific table fields would be substituted in the appropriate places.
Is there any plug or solution similar to the needs described?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2020

Hi @Jean Morawyecki

Do you mean the case when you generate a lot of pages with similar multiple-row tables that you need to combine into one big report?

We have such case described in our recent blog post. You'll need the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app for this case.

As you'll see from the post, our Table Filter, Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include and Table Transformer macros are very flexible, so you'll be able to reuse and merge different parts of your template tables.

Jean Morawyecki October 19, 2020

I mean, create document "x" with the table:
a1 - name / b1 -Jean
b1 - Location A / b2 - house
c1 - Location B / c2 - Office
Once I have the completed table, I would like a page with the installation design to be generated in the 1st version, where the technical data from "a2" and "b2"
In the 2nd version, I would like to download the page generation with the preparation in which the "a2" and "c2" data are included

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2020

You may try to create your original table using the following structure:

TT 1.pngYou split your tables into the two separate ones and further reuse them on different pages with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros.

As your Table Excerpt macros are wrapped in the Table Transformer macro body, your original table will look as a whole one when the page is published:

TT 2.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events