For the Love of God, why did you remove the Confluence wiki markup editor?

kmiklas October 24, 2014

I am crying at my desk.. that was the BEST THING about the confluence wiki pages. I loved it!!! It was simple, easy to use, convenient, effectve.. At least leave it as an option for those who want to use it.

Why, oh why, did you have to mess it up? Why do you people feel like you have to introduce fancy parsers, text editors, and the like, to make it "super-user friendly." All this stuff does is get in the way.

Many people who document in Confluence are experienced coders–people who can dream in HTML, Java, Objective-C, and other far more difficult languages. Using markdown is as comfortable for us as a pen and paper is for others.

I was going to push to use Confluence as a documentation tool for my whole department... Now I really have to question that plan. It's annoying as heck now.

Oh, the pain.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2014

It won't ease the pain but here is a useful resource:

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2011/11/why-we-removed-wiki-markup-editor-in-confluence-4/

You will also find lot of discussions in this forum but pretty much everything is covered there!

Although not as powerful, source editor is a nice one to have.

0 votes
kmiklas October 31, 2014

You do understand that is one of the main reasons why StackOverflow (and their whole suite of forums) is so successful is because of their great markdown capabilities.

Horrible decision.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events