External web site pull of Confluence pdf

Rob St-Germain March 29, 2023

I have a public pdf I created in my Confluence knowledgebase. I can copy the public download link address of this pdf in my Confluence knowledgebase. 

I have an external public web site where I would like to display my pdf. 

The problem is that the public download link address DOWNLOADS the pdf to my PC. Is there a way to provide the link address of this pdf in my Confluence knowledgebase where it does not DOWNLOAD the pdf to my PC.

The effect I want is that the web site (using the Confluence link address) pulls the pdf to the web site for viewing in a pdf pop-up viewer on the web site.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated. -Rob  

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2023

Hi @Rob St-Germain 

To my knowledge, confluence prohibits the Cross-Origin Resource Sharing, meaning that you can't embed a confluence page to another website. You might want to search for pdf viewer. E.g. this app, could do the trick, but I'm not 100% sure.

If a browser download or opens a pdf on the browser, I think that it really depends on the settings of each computer and app used. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events