Excel Makro in Confluence 5.5: Modify column width

Yvonne Strassner January 4, 2016

Hello

I work at a big German company in Frankfurt and we use Confluence 5.5 as a Wiki. I have inserted an Excel sheet on a Wiki Page that I created locally on my PC before. The aim is that an administrator can insert entries and other users can only view the file but not modify it.

On the PC, the Excel sheet looks good (see screenshot). I adjusted the column widths. But when I inserted the Excel sheet, the column width has changed and the width is so small that entries go over several lines (see other screenshot).

The column width in Confluence should be as it is in my local Excel file. I looked at the makro description in the Atlassian documentation but there is nothing about the column width. Can you please help me?

Thank you

Yvonne

In Confluence = wrong width:

screenshot_confluence_wrong_width.PNG

in Excel local on the PC = right width:

screenshot_excel_right_width.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Yvonne Strassner January 5, 2016

Hi Artur,

thanks for your help. But it does not work. I have tried to import to an existing table in confluence. Unfortunately this didn't work out. I also tried it out with other data formats.

Ok later I open a support ticket concerning this issue.

0 votes
Artur J
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2016

Hi Yvonne,

Have you imported to an existing table in confluence? if you import to confluence without any pre-made table to receive the content it should be formatted correctly.

If the problem persist, I suggest opening a support ticket, so a engineer can investigate the issue better by providing him with your excel files, or a similar one with the same format, to replicate the issue and identify the problem.

Nevertheless, this might be related to some version issues, such as your Office is 2013 and your macro works with 2010 and vice versa, this might break the formatting. Another issue is the file type, if it is possible to try saving differently, example: 2007/2010 xlsx or XP/2000/2003 xls, and import again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events