Does Slack for Confluence support Confluence Q&A?

ppittle May 4, 2016

The Confluence QA integration with HipChat supports notifications when a new Question is Asked in Confluence Q&A:

image2016-5-4 12:13:14.png

Does Slack for Confluence also support getting this information into Slack?  Also will it support notifications when a new answer is added?

2 answers

3 votes
Ben Romberg - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2016

Edit: Slack for Confluence now supports Confluence Questions, as explained in our documentation. Let me know if you have any questions!

Original answer:

As the author of Slack for Confluence, I've quickly looked into possibilities. It turns out this is possible by polling the Confluence Questions REST API, although the effort is nontrivial.

We'll be collecting interest for this functionality in our issue tracker and will build it once we're convinced the effort is going to pay off. Please leave a comment over there in case you're interested in this enhancement.

Thanks!

Dan Schepers May 9, 2018

I'm interested! (the issue tracker link gave me a 404)

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 10, 2018

@Dan Schepers: Sorry about that, I just updated the link to the new location of our issue tracker.

We've released Confluence Questions compatibility as of October 2017. Let me know if this satisfies your requirements!

Michael Khaimov June 7, 2019

Interested, for sure!

Marketplace Partner
June 7, 2019

This has been available now for quite some time for both cloud and server versions of Slack for Confluence, see the documentation for details.

Nikolai Besschetnov December 12, 2019

@Ben Romberg - codefortynine 

I, unfortunately, can not find the corresponding place with slack notifications configuration for Confluence's Questions & Answers. Not that I can find anything slack related in the documentation of the addon. We use cloud, q&a installed as an app. 

Could you please direct me to the right place by providing a relative link or exact piece of documentation how to reach the page with slack settings for q&a?

Thank you!

Marketplace Partner
December 12, 2019

Hello @Nikolai Besschetnov and thanks for your question!

The configuration for Confluence Q&A is available underneath the General Configuration and Space Configuration sections of Slack for Confluence.

You can find the General Configuration as described in the documentation:

Please head to the General configuration [of Confluence] and select the “Slack for Confluence” menu entry on the left side under the “Configuration” category.

Maybe the following screenshot also helps you finding our General Configuration:

general-configuration-link.png

Let me know if you need further assistance - happy to help!

Like # people like this
1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

Confluence Webhooks have not been released yet and I don't know if there is official word on when that will happen. They are listed in Confluence Developer so I think it will happen eventually but again, nothing official.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events