Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Display json output from external resource on Confluence page

Hi, I have a request to display json results from API call to external app onto a confluence page. json output is available when you point to specific URL. The paid option is https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/TBL/JSON+Table+Macro, however this plugin is way too expensive for our one use case. 

Are there any other plugin options or user macros that allow for this? 

3 answers

Hi @Peter-I,

Pulling data such as JSON from external sources is specifically what our app PocketQuery for Confluence was designed for. PocketQuery is very powerful and can also connect to Databases. It provides a sophisticated templating mechanism that lets you fully control how your result is presented on the Confluence page. This means you could for example render your JSON as a chart if you so desire. If you want to try it out and encounter any questions while doing so, let me know! I'll be happy to help. :)

Cheers,
Sven

Thanks Sven, I'll take a look at the add-on. Problem is that I have one use case, and it will be difficult to build business case for purchasing it. Look like a great plugin.

@Peter-I , check if your company uses the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app (search for the Table Filter macro in your macro browser).

We added the Table from JSON macro to the app 04.11.2020. It suits your case and supports outputting data from a URL.

0 votes
Dominic Lagger Community Leader Mar 03, 2021

Hi @Peter-I 

Did you search the marketplace with the keyword "JSON"? 

I found some: 

Regards, Dominic

Hi Dominic, 

I looked through both plugins before posting here. Both of them rely on the user uploading json file. I'm looking to get the json output directly from URL. Both can't do that

Like Dominic Lagger likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

585 views 15 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you