Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating a Shared Knowledge Base

Hello

I need to create multiple service desks for multiple clients.

All of the clients must be able to access to the same shared Knowledge Base but they cannot see each other.

How can I put in place a system like this?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Mar 24, 2021

@Veruska Welcome to community.  

If you setup the service desks so that they are locked down to specific users you can associate the same knowledge base with all the service desks.  The information in knowledge base will be searchable by all service desks so you will want the content to be generic.

Thank you @Brant Schroeder 

Sorry if I ask you something else, but I've been reading documentation and I'm just a bit confused...

At the moment, I've a Service Desk for a client and they have their own knowledge base.

I need to create a separate Knowledge Base that will be shared with all the clients, but I don't have the service desk active yet for the other clients. Do I have to create a SD first and then associate the KB to this? Or can I simply put in place another KB that is not dependant from a SD?

Thanks so much for your help

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Mar 26, 2021

@Veruska 

A knowledge base is just a Confluence space.  You can just create a Confluence space and your knowledge base information in that space.  When you setup your new service desks knowledge bases just associate them with this space.   

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

71 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you