Copying a Parent Page along with Child Pages (and Sub-Child Pages)

Reed Van Rozeboom (DO NOT USE) October 22, 2019

I am trying to duplicate a Confluence Page along with all of its Child Pages from one Space to another.  I found this article below, however, the information found within it is either improperly documented, or outdated.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/copy-a-page-139013.html

Is there any up to date information on how to accomplish this?  I am trying to duplicate a Product Requirements page that has a ton of Child (and Sub-Child) pages, and copying/moving each individual one is beyond time-consuming (and needlessly so).

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

Reed

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 25, 2019

Hi @Reed Van Rozeboom (DO NOT USE) ,

I can see the checkbox when I select the copy option..See the screenshot. Can I know the version of the confluence you are using?

community4.png

This is Bobswift CLI  example page https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CSOAP/pages/10584066/Examples .You can try the copypage example from the sample commands.

Let me know if you need help with this.

Thanks,
Sravya

Reed Van Rozeboom (DO NOT USE) October 25, 2019

Thanks again for your response.  Unfortunately, my Copy Page screen does not show that option at the bottom.  Upon digging into this issue further, it appears that I may not have the required permissions to see that (and perform that task).  I will reach out to the Admin within my company to see if they can make the required adjustments.

Thanks so much for your help!

Reed

Kennet Korsgaard November 7, 2019

Did you find a solution because I have the same problem on the cloud version?

Kind regards

Kennet

Reed Van Rozeboom (DO NOT USE) November 7, 2019

Unfortunately, I never found a solution that worked for me.  I chalked it up to a permissions issue, but yesterday in a meeting I found that other Product Managers also were encountering the same issue.  One said she had Admin privileges as well.

Reed

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 23, 2019

Hi @Reed Van Rozeboom (DO NOT USE) ,

The one you have pointed in the description is the latest Atlassian documentation of copying a page. If you are looking for a moving of a page, here is the document for the same.

If you would like to check for a third-party app, here is the app Confluence Command Line interface that helps you to copy/move the pages and child pages along with the other contents of the page within no time. Please check this example page https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CSOAP/pages/10584066/Examples to know more about the functionality.

Thanks,
Sravya

Reed Van Rozeboom (DO NOT USE) October 24, 2019

Thanks for your response @[deleted].  I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me.  The problem is that according to the documentation I mentioned here, it states:

1. Go to the page and choose   > Copy
  2. Choose a Location for the new pages.
  3. Select Include child pages.

The issue is at no point when following the steps have I ever seen the "Include child pages" option.  So either the documentation is wrong, or perhaps this is a Permissions issue?

Also, I appreciate the links to the Command Line... unfortunately I am not that advanced of a User.

Reed

Like # people like this
0 votes
Deleted user January 6, 2020

Hi @Reed Van Rozeboom (DO NOT USE) , @Nafisah Bhatty  , @Kennet Korsgaard 

For the cloud environment, this feature is not available yet. Here is the Atlassian request  CONFCLOUD-2814 for the same and is in open state.

However, as mentioned earlier you can use the Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) and is compatible with the cloud environment.

Regards,
Sravya

Nafisah Bhatty January 6, 2020
Brandon CATLETT November 18, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 3.26.07 PM.png

Doesn't seem to work with Cloud anymore... 

Followed CLI instructions to no avail 

0 votes
Nafisah Bhatty January 6, 2020

Hello there

I am having the same problem. I thought it was a permission thing too.

I am unable to copy a whole page with the child pages, as I too, do not see a box that says Location and then the Include child pages box.

It simply copies the page and takes me to the 'Copy of...' editing page.

@[deleted] 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events