Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert system time back to readable date

Tom March 5, 2015

We had the tasklist plugin installed in our confluence instance, but after an upgrade (not sure from what but we skipped some version or other) to Confluence 5.6.6 it stopped working with a message of "unknown macro".

Using the "View Storage Format" option from the tools menu for the page I retrieved the data, and the put it in to the page using the wiki markup as the retrieved data was already in wiki markup format. Everything formats OK except the two date columns (CreatedDate, CompletedDate) that the tasklist mcro was using are showing what looks like a system date.

Completed

Priority

CreatedDate

CompletedDate

T

M

F

Here is the same table in the retrieved raw data:

||Completed||Priority||Locked||CreatedDate||CompletedDate||Assignee||Name||
|T|M|F|1389111643041|1413289850182|

Is there any way that I can get the system to convert these back to human readable dates, such as with a bit of wiki markup or similar?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2015

Hi Tom,

It seems that the dates are stored in Unix time. If you search for unix epoch batch converter you should be able to find converters on the web. But please notice that the timestamps in your file are in milliseconds; usually the unix time is given in seconds, so 1413289850182 would be something like 1413289850. I'm sure there are many ways of automating this for your specific case. I'll let you know if I come up with something better.

Regards,

Bruno

Tom August 18, 2015

Thanks Bruno,

The moment has long since passed, but I easily managed to find a tool that would have helped, now that I know what the time format is called. I searched for unix "timestamp epoch batch converter" and had plenty of useful hits.

Tom

Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2015

You're welcome, Tom. Yeah, I always keep these converters in my toolbelt. :P

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events