Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Connect to Confluence via ODBC

I need to connect to our confluence database for a simple data extraction, however it seems that this is not possible without using a paid third-party middleware.

Is there an ODBC driver for Confluence that customers can download in order to connect to the Confluence database for reporting purposes such as Crystal Reports or MS Excel?  The goal is to retrieve data one time for a single report...

2 answers

Aye, the problem is now on our end.  It seems that when Atlassian worked with us to do the install years ago, it was basically a "drop and run" and we have no documentation or internal resources that can shed light on how this was configured.  As a result, i only have connection to the BKUP database and no one knows the DB schema well enough to find the data that i need...

I am finding it may be a better approach to hire a temp to copy/paste the data from the Confluence pages rather than to additional days trying to reverse engineer this installation...

I will be glad when Atlassian is out of our business environment as it is entirely unsupportable...and i expect to find the same result with Jira as well ....

Hi @john.duchock,

what type of database is your Confluence running on? (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) You should be able to connect directly to your database using a client for your DBMS.

Cheers,
Sven

I am unable to find anyone in our company that can answer that question.  Is there a .CFG file on the confluence server that can help me answer that question? 

I was looking for a client side ODBC driver, but i guess this will have to do.

Any idea where i can get the jdbc driver JAR file?

nevermind.... i found what i needed.  I just didn't read the entire XML before i responded. 

Thanks Sven !

Well, depends on what DBMS you're actually using! ;)

But really, depending on your OS, you should probably use a client like HeidiSQL oder DBeaver instead, especially if you're planning for this to just be a one-time thing.

Ah, alright, didn't see your second answer before I wrote my last comment. If you think the question is answered you can mark it as resolved.

Cheers! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

607 views 15 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you