Confluence sites for our customers

Jonathan Ferger May 7, 2017

Hi, i'm a new user of the atlassian products. I want to keep my customers informed of the status our projects; is it possible to release a page with informations only for a specified customer? Can i create a group "customers", so that all other informations are not visible?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

Hi Jonathan. I am with Comalatech, an add-on vendor. We have an add-on called Comala Share It that may be a solution to your problem. With Share It you can share your confluence pages via unique URLs. These URLs display pages with the same formating and content as the pages on your instance, but without the navigation or comments. 

The URLs only allow access to the specific pages that they reference; a user will not be able to access any other pages on your instance. You could have a page for each client, and then a corresponding shared link for each client. At any time you could revoke access to the individual links.

Let me know if I can provide more information about this solution. Good luck!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2017

Yes, but you will need to work through the permissions structure.

Your customer group will need to be granted access to see all the spaces you want them to see pages within.  You will want to be careful not to let them see any other spaces.

Once you have that right, you may want to think about restrictions within those spaces, hiding the pages that you don't want them to see in there.

The most simple approach is to put all the pages you want the customers to see in one space, give them access to that, and no other spaces.

Jonathan Ferger May 8, 2017

Hi Nic Brough, thank you. It sounds very risky and unsafe. If somebody will set the permissions wrong in a a new site or space our customer will see the informations. So i want to create a space for every customer - thats a lot... Could I set the setting that users of a particular group will never see anything, unless a page is explicitly released?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events