Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence as Online Help for Applikation

Jürgen Janßen October 6, 2021

Hi all,

Is it possible that I create online help with Confluece and access it with individual software?

Best regards,
Juergen

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2021

@Jürgen Janßen 

You can do this one of three ways.

1. Make a public space so anyone can see the help documents.  The user would need to be directed to the space and then would have to search it on their own to find answers or you could direct them to specific content.
  2. Setup a Confluence knowledge base and connect it to a Jira Service Management service desk.  This would require authentication before users could search documents.  They would also be able to submit support questions to get help if they are unable to find the answer themselves.  
  3. Use the API to pull content into your own application.  Maintain the documents in Confluence but display them in your application using the API.  

I would suggest one of the first two options as it will be easy to maintain and support.

Jürgen Janßen October 7, 2021

@Brant Schroeder 

Thank you for your suggestions.

to 1: A public open space does not meet our security requirements, since sensitive information must be made available to aviation.

to 2:
We have linked a COnfluence knowledge base with Jira Service Management. But here, too, we have the problem that everyone who should have access (Customer) to it needs a license. If I make the knowledge database public again, then I have the problem with 1.

to 3: This is probably the solution for connecting online help with Confluence to our web application.

Where can I find documentation for the API connection?

How about 3 with the licensing of Confluence?

Thanks for your support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events