Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence UI is different. Please tell me how to make it the same.

Edited

2 answers

They have different UI and different functions.

0 votes

Cloud is maintained at "latest", so there is no real "version".  But when there are changes being rolled out, they do not go to every Cloud site immediately, they proceed in waves, so it is possible that one of your versions is behind another.

However, at a glance, it's because your landing points are different - one of your urls goes to an admin screen, and the other the base url.  It's also possible that you have apps installed in one that change the UI. 

I would want to see the difference between the two base urls (so just <site>/wiki) to see how different they were.

I may not have explained well. If you look at the picture below, you will understand.
Each entry indicates that the UI of the pages you document is different. It's not that there's a difference by buying something extra through the market, but I'd like you to tell me why.

Cap 2019-10-10 09-04-11-988.png

Your images seem to tell me that you have gone to completely different places in the application. 

From your original question, /wiki is not the same place as /wiki/discover/all-updates

Could you show us a like-for-like comparison rather than two different parts of the application which should be different?

I think I know what you are getting at - you are seeing two different editors.

This happens when your system is moved on to using the "new editing experience".  All new pages use the new editor, but existing pages that were created with the old editor continue to use it.

They are not spectacularly different, barring the layout downgrades, and slightly improved table handling in the new one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across Jira Cloud instance.   📢 Get y...

137 views 6 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you