Confluence Questions licensing

NathanG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

Can I use confluence questions in a public setting without paying $2,000 for 100 users?

I LOVE the idea of Confluence Questions... but I wanted to use it in a more public setting (e.g., I wanted to mimic answers.atlassian.com but for my own software/projects)

Thanks~!

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

Nathan, 

Unfortunately the licensing is per-seat. You are able to open this up to the public, provided that your Confluence instance is reachable to outside the organization, without sacrificing any internal security if configured correctly.

For example, you would also need users to register- I don't believe there is an option to allow users to ask questions anonymously. However, check out this issue: CQ-318

Depending on your Confluence settings already, Anonymous users can browse questions. For more information, check out the documentation here

In the meantime, I'd suggest dumping questions into there and answering them if you don't want to afford the additional licensing costs until the above are made active. At least it would be searchable!

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2014

Hi Nathan,

If I'm correct that's not possible. Since CQ is an add-on of Confluence you are forced to use the same license. I think you can make it possible to anonymus access but they won't be able to ask questions or give answers, just be viewers.

0 votes
NathanG
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2014

I wish... I actually use Atlassian products for church... managing all the tasks and things we need to do... and the open source license specifically excludes religious organizations

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2014

If it's open source maybe you can get an open source license!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events