Confluence Questions - Who gets automated email notifications and when?

Don Donzal March 23, 2017

My intent is to start a question with a smaller more specific group. If no answer comes from the watchers of the initial topic(s), then I'd like to open it up to a larger audience by later adding additional topic(s) followed by a larger group. So here are some questions for clarification:

1. When I first create a brand new question, do watchers of all topics get email notifications or just those from the first topic applied?
  2. If I update an existing question later by adding a new topic, do the watchers of the added topic now get an email notification?
  3. If so... As a Confluence Admin, I have 2 ways to modify the topics of a question. I can either edit the question and add/remove topics or I can also click the pencil icon and add/remove topics without entering edit mode on the question. Does this make a difference?

FYI - Looked here and in documentation and found no answers.

Thanks in advance,
Don

1 answer

1 vote
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2017
  1. From my experience, only the watchers of the topics added the time of question creation will be notified via email.
  2. No
  3. I think it's just the ease of adding/removing topics both these ways. I don't think there is a difference.

If, as an admin, I add more topics to a question, sometimes I manually share the question with groups or email distro lists, so that they are notified.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events