Confluence Licensing

N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

Hi,

which users count against the confluence-license.

Only those which are in group "confluence-users", or all user which I can see after synchronisation with my JIRA instance. These user can also log into confluence and work with the tool.

Thanks for any answer

Norbert

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2014

It depends on how you've set it up. The *default* is to say "the group called confluence-users can use confluence" and people with "use" permission are what counts towards your licence.

But you can change that - you can use different groups, and/or allow anonyous access. It's quite common when you have Jira to set it up so that "jira users" group has "use" permissions so that you don't have to add two separate groups to users.

Short answer is a look at your global permissions - check the line that defines the basic "can use" to get the starting information.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2014

You've answered your own question - your second paragraph answers the question in the first one.

Could you explain what the problem is?

N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

Hi Nic,

thanks for the fast answer.

Question is:

During installation of the confluence instance I synchronize the user from my JIRA instance (unlimited license). After that all JIRA users and - groups will be shown in confluence and all of that users can log into confluence and it seems they can work with it. But they are still not members of the group "confluence-users".

Do they count for the confluence license or not?

If not, do they have limited access to the confluence instance, and which users count to the license?

Do I have to insert the users which want to use confluence in the mentioned group?

Thanks for answers.

Norbert

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events