Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud - Customer unable to view tickets linked via macro from Jira

Patricia July 4, 2018

Hello,

We have created a login for our customer (in Jira Service Desk - Cloud, created customer under organizations for portal access and in Confluence - Cloud, created customer to view some confluence pages)

Jira Service Desk portal works fine for the customer.

In Confluence, one of the pages contains the Jira Macro where it will show a list of tickets from the Jira Service Desk (under the same organization as the customer). However, the customer gets the following error upon viewing:

Data cannot be retrieved due to an unexpected error.

I am able to view this without issues on my end. I've tried to find many ways to provide some/limited access but to no avail. We do not want our customer to be able to view all tickets in our Jira Service Desk. I was wondering if I missed something or there is no such functionality to allow this?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2023

Are your customers accessing Confluence from the Portal via the Knowledge Base?  I'm not giving my customers specific access to Confluence pages, but setup the Knowledge Base in the Portal and haven't ran into any issues.  By default, pages created in the Knowledge Base are available to external customers.  If you have that page in a different space, you can copy it over and see if it works that way.  I've attached an Atlassian KB for reference.

Using Confluence and Jira Service Management Together (atlassian.com)

0 votes
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2018

Hi @Patricia,

A customer in Jira Service Desk has access to the customer portal, not the 'backend' of jira service desk where you have the queue for all tickets.  If they aren't an agent in JSD then they won't be able to see the issues in Confluence.  

You can set up JSD so that the customer gets notifications depending on triggers here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-service-desk-notifications-732528936.html

What exactly do you want them to see?  Maybe I can give you a solution if you provide a few more details about what you're trying to accomplish.

Patricia July 4, 2018

Hello Patrick,

There are some custom fields that they would need to be able to see pertaining to the created ticket. The portal page only displays a few fields, that is why we were opting for the Confluence option which would also allow us to add on pie charts, etc for reporting.

So with the current access, it seems that they do not have the rights to view it in Confluence. There are other tickets in Jira pertaining to other customers that we do not wish to share with them.

Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2018

I would definitely not suggest making them an agent as that would be quite expensive.

For the reporting it should be fine to have them view the charts in Confluence.

There's a known issue with displaying custom fields on the JSD portal unfortunately. Here is the ticket for cloud.  It's only for certain custom fields so maybe this pertains to you? 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-86

Patricia July 4, 2018

It seems that there are some text fields as well which are not listed in the ticket you have posted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events