Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you combine blog posts to appear chronologically, on one page, as a Wordpress would?

I have over 100 blogs, all 'children' blogs under a main page. 

Each blog was created using the blog macro. 

Each blog now shows as an individual link on the left hand side of my space home page. 

(1) Is there a way to have them all show up in one page, in full content, one after another, as if you were viewing a WordPress Blog? 

(2), I need to have an overview page, similar to your JIRA issues blog page example.  I was able to create a page and use the 'create by label' macro, which gives the title of each blog, but I need more details appear, like all of the items that were included in the macro template that shows the date of the original creation, the key words in that specific blog, etc.   

And (3), is it possible to have this overview page with the option of a search function so our CEO can research past blogs, perhaps by filling in key words he is looking for?

1 answer

Hi,

for 1) I guess you're looking for this macro to aggregate all post on one page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/blog-posts-macro-139470.html

for 3) you could put this macro on the top of the page above:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-tree-search-macro-163938353.html

Thank you for the response.  That is actually the macro I've been attempting to use, so I know it must be my my settings or how I've configured the page.  It won't recognize any blogs to pull.

I have a page I created, and added the macro.  Under this page are child pages, and each one contains a blog that has been written.  When the blogs were written, we used the marketing blog macro to do so.  Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

To me it sounds, your blog posts are not really blog posts, but technically normal pages. That would explain why the blog post macro does not find any posts.

Real (technically) blog posts don't appear below normal pages

But then, you may be using Confluence Cloud, and I'm not familiar with that, and also not with the Marketing Blog Template.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Why everyone using Jira must be GDPR-compliant

Did you know that penalties up to 4 % of the yearly company turnover are possible in case of GDPR violations? GDPR regulations are currently mainly relevant for companies in the EU, but countries lik...

81 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you