Can't search in Confluence Questions

Karl Dandenell August 3, 2015

We have installed the Questions add-on on Confluence 5.8.4, and it's working fine except for searching.  

When entering a query in the "Search Topics" field under the TOPICS menu, user receives no response.  User is Admin, so permissions aren't an issue as far as I know.

Search for questions in the PRIMARY search field (top of page) is functional.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2015

This could be a misunderstanding regarding the scope of "Search topics" (I might be misreading your question in turn) - the "Search topics" field's purpose is a type ahead search for topic names, rather than searching for actual questions previously submitted for those topics (I can totally see how the inline prompt and field placement might be misleading, which means Atlassian should try to improve the resp. usability by rephrasing the inline prompt for example).

You can test this within the topics menu of this very site, where the type ahead search for topic names does work just fine for me right now. If you have been referring to this functionality and it does not work for you indeed, you might be affected by these issues though:

3 votes
Karl Dandenell August 7, 2015

Thanks.  After I posted this, I stumbled across the answer.  It would make more sense – to me, at least – to be able to search on the topic contents as well.  As it's designed, you really have to know what you're looking for, and with a large Question list, that may not be possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events