Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I define the email layout for the Share function?

Kay Hauser June 10, 2014

When I use the Share function to inform my colleagues about a Confluence page the email sent just consists of the link to the page and the optional note I added.

Whereas the notification email sent for changes of a page I have on my watch list, embeds the whole page.

So I am wondering if I am able to somehow configure what will be sent. Since many of us are often on business trips it would be great to embed the page content in any notification.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2014

Kay,

Assuming you're using Standalone, You can find the template of "Share" emails in the Share plugin itself which is located at confluence-install/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/confluence/setup/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip/share-page-1.6.jar/templates/.

2 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2014

Hi @Kay Hauser,

We've just released the new version of Share Attachments and Pages, which lets you send a link to any page without the need of log in. You can also use that public link to embed the content of the page within an iframe for example.

Check it out and send us feedback!

Cheers,

Gorka

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events