Can Confluence Questions be customized?

Bruce Cannon June 15, 2014

I like Confluence Questions. It's pretty close to an idea gathering system. If I could change just a few things, it would work great in my workplace for gathering product ideas. I'm using OnDemand. Can I customize it, mostly textually?

I'd like to change the button text to "submit an idea", the URL from /questios to /ideas, the text of the question prompt, the labels for "answers" to "comments" etc.

5 answers

2 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2015

Can someone from Atlassian pipe in here?  Is it possible to customize Questions or not?  I think it isn't. If I'm right, is there a plan to add this?  Can anyone link to a case to vote for?

1 vote
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hey everyone,

I found an existing feature request that asks just for that. Could you please vote and watch the case so that your opinion on this issue may be heard by our development team, comments are also welcome.

CONFCLOUD-41674

Regards,

Igor

1 vote
David Hergert _PAYX_ November 11, 2014

I would like to be able to modify the Confluence Question template or Layout similar to how you can do it for Blog and Page content, specifically so I can add a macro (like the viewtracker) to see how many people are viewing questions.

0 votes
Bruce Cannon November 11, 2014

That's a great idea. I'd like to be able to expand the voting concept too. Beyond just up/down, I'd like to see multiple parameters, a set of predefined fixed criteria for every topic/question/idea. Basically I'd like to be able to abstract the platform for idea management (stakeholder voting and prioritizing) and other forms of crowd input beyond simple Q+A.

0 votes
Puja Deverakonda July 2, 2014

I have the same question.

David Hergert _PAYX_ November 11, 2014

Then you should vote up the question, not add a (non) answer. :)

Bruce Cannon November 11, 2014

Thank you David! Your point illustrates well why such a system should be customizable. If we have to tell people the most basic use of the system then it's not a good one. If the system were configurable, even if we couldn't find a fundamentally clearer UX, we could add curation features. The same effort you used to point out the other user's misunderstanding of the system, could have been used instead to move his input to a more appropriate context. This would be better value, from a volunteer curation perspective, than admin topic dilution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events